Search This Blog

Friday, April 28, 2017

Awkward Space turned Little Girl's Dream Office


Hey hey everybody! It's FRIDAY! I am so excited to share a really fun makeover we gave this very awkward space in Carolynn's bathroom. We spent about 2 hours, and only used things we already had around the house! C and I had lots of fun with this, and spent nothing, except time. Which was special and sweet and a memory to treasure.


Isn't that a funny space? It's right across from Carolynn's sink in her strangely large bathroom. 


While planning this makeover, one of Carolynn's expectations for her office was that it had a Welcome mat. She made that "mat" herself from a roll of brown paper. She really took her time adding each detail.


                                                     We used this wrapping paper as wallpaper.


A roll of this brown paper cost less than $5 at Wal-Mart. I used it to roll out on our floors on muddy days, and as a table runner that we could write on. It's pretty durable and I have a ton of it left. 
Here's a mega roll, available on Amazon. 
On the wall, Carolynn can draw and color on it. 


We had this chalkboard in the playroom, but it didn't really have a place and just was moved around for the kids to play with. Now, it has a home, but can still be taken off the wall if they want to play with it somewhere else. It serves as another medium for Carolynn to write, draw or color.


Making a "door" was tricky since the doorway is awkward, and let's face it, the whole space is awkward. I used two daisy hooks and hung this Spring tablecloth ( Get it at Target ) with drapery clips.

Just for fun, if I were out picking my ideal materials for this space, I would probably chosen a lighter, cheerier wall covering paper to brighten up the dark space. Like maybe this gold and pink paper from containerstore.com

Also, this super cool, self-adhesive wall paper from Amazon. I am loving all the floral prints, and the aqua and pink in this one is so sweet.

Although C had to have a Welcome Mat, my ideal little nook would have a runner, or small rug inside. Like this gingham cutie from Target. Because GINGHAM.

I am really happy with how it turned out, but it's fun to shop. Sometimes I go shopping online, with no intention of purchasing just to get ideas and be inspired. Pinterest is great for that too. (are you following me on Pinterest?) You can see someone else's great idea, and realize you have just what you need, or a version of it to create the same look. Being economical is so creative. And so economical. So, duh.

Carolynn is so proud of this little space, and so am I. We had so much fun creating this together. Thank you so much for reading about it's transformation from, "what are you going to do with that?" into Carolynn's cozy, little office.

Thanks so much for stopping by! XO, Steph


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet office! Looks like where a Nobel Laureate gets started to me.

    ReplyDelete