Search This Blog

Monday, May 15, 2017

TIME for a clock update


Get it? TIME? Just checking, it IS Monday. 😉

This was a quick, little project that was also free since I had all the materials handy. Here's the clock I've had since we lived in Houston.....(mental math happening)...6 plus years ago.




After we moved it, to Austin, it's hands were broken, and I took it to a clock repair shop. The owner kindly informed me that the clock was "cheap" and not worth fixing since I could just go buy a new one. I thanked him for his advice, and asked him to please fix it anyway because I didn't want a new one, I liked it.

Well, a couple of moves later, the clock was broken again, and I wasn't loving the look that much anymore. I've been hanging onto it though. And like with so many things, paint can work wonders. (Check out something else I transformed with paint here)


I gave it a thin, dry brushing of Rust-Oleum Chalked Paint *, which I've used for several things and I really like, and recommend.


I hung the clock on the wall above our TV:


This area is still a work in progress. We plan to mount the TV, eventually, so I wanted to leave some space below for that. That board, was a recent project, and has all our shared addresses on it.  The roman numerals are our anniversary date.

As you can see, the clock is decorative only. But I'm happy with it, and as always, energized when I can change things up for little, or no money. Before you get rid of something, see if there's a way you can paint it, or reuse it! Let me know if you do, I'de love to hear about it!

Thanks for reading -Steph

*If you use my link to purchase this paint from Amazon, I will get a small percentage of your sale. This is at no extra cost to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment