Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

End of Summer Reading List!


Can you even believe it is August? August! The weeks have just flown by! We’ve been busy, we’ve been lazy, but they’ve gone quickly either way.

And, if you believe the TV commercials, school is about to start! Don’t rush me, HEB! Quit being a party pooper.

Anyway, summer is sadly coming to an end, and since summer is often synonymous with reading (by the beach, in the mountains, on a road trip), here are a list of some books that I’ve read and really enjoyed. I won’t try to describe them for you, since Amazon can do that, but would love to chat with you about any of them if you need help deciding!

All of the books I listed here, although some have some serious subject matter (The Nightingale is about WWII), they are lighter reads, perfect for the last month of summer. You can finish up before the madness begins, again. Also, none of these are very new, so you should have no problem finding them at your local library.

I hope you can find time to slow down, read a book and just BE this summer. Don’t let those pushy, consumerist TV commercials make you feel like it’s too late.

Happy Reading!



This starts off with a pretty intense scene, but is a heart warming story of an unlikely friendship started in an unlikely and unfortunate way. 



This is one of those with some serious subject matter. It's written from Ernest Hemingway's wife's perspective. If you know anything about Ernest Hemingway, you can imagine. 


Any of the Liane Moriarty books that I've read would classify as "beach reads" in my opinion. But, this one is my favorite by far. 


This sweet book will make you want to send handwritten cards and letters again.


This is a whole series of books. The main character is a sassy, moralistic lady from Botswana who opens her own detective agency.


This follows two sisters during WW II. I love historical novels. 


This book is about a sweet old man, who values all the old, English traditions.


This book is also about an older man, who is endearing, but in a less obvious way. I think I read this in two days.

I would love to hear from anyone who reads these, or anything! I always love a good book recommendation so comment with your favorites, too!

Thanks for stopping by! -Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment