Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2017

Snow White and the 7th Birthday!

I have been trying to convince Carolynn to have a Snow White party for yearrrrssss. I loved Snow White as a little girl and really wanted to use the theme for C. Can we just stop for a minute to talk about how in the holy heck I have a SEVEN year old?! She is so awesome and we love who she has grown into......but Wahhhhhhhhhh. Seven is so big. 

OK! This year, I played it cool, let her see some ideas online, and she agreed! Her only rule? She wanted a pinata. Deal!

It was just what I imagine a kid's party should be: friends and family, lots of laughing, talking and a homemade cake.....Which you let your daughter and her friend ice, and it didn't bother you at all. You didn't even get high blood pressure watching them schmear it back and forth. (breaaattthhhhe slowly. In. And out.)

Seriously though, it was a really sweet party with lots of people we love. Here's some pictures of some of the decor, and ideas we used to go with our theme.


Obviously, we had to dress up. 

Sweet side story: When I was 5, my grandad and his wife, gave me a beautiful Snow White dress. When they saw that C was having a Snow White party, they asked if they could send her a Snow White dress to wear for her party! I almost cried. It was such a sweet and special gesture. When the dress arrived, it was love at first sight! Just like me....a certain number of years ago..


At the door, we offered name tags, with the dwarf's, the Wicked Queen and Prince Charming's names on them. People could choose, or Carolynn assigned, each guest a name tag. 

Carolynn's friend, Kaia, chose "The Wicked Queen". (Carolynn has changed into one of her gifts-a Moana dress.)
Carolynn chose, "Prince Charming" for her daddy. ❤

I turned this mirror, from Goodwill:


Into the, "Magic Mirror on the wall":


Now, for the food. I had the party from 10-12, so we served light fare: small sandwiches, 7 layer dip and chips, and caramel apple dip with apple slices.





All of these dwarfs and Snow White were/are Christmas ornaments. I took the ribbons off, and although you can still see the rings they hang from, it's much less obvious without ribbon. Make do with what you've got, right?! 



Buy the cookie stamps here

I used cookie stamps to make the faces on the mini sandwiches. They were originally cut out in apple shapes (by my kids....breathe. breathe. it's ok if it's not perfect...)







The invitation said, "no gifts necessary". No one listened. :)

Thanks again to everyone who came and loved on our beautiful, birthday girl! We are so blessed with our families and friends. 
As always, I am happy to chat with anyone who has questions or wants to know more! Thanks for reading, and hope it's a happy Monday! 

XO, Steph






3 comments: