Search This Blog

Monday, September 4, 2017

Garden Themed Baby Shower: Tassel Banner

Good morning! Last week I shared the step by step instructions for this large, floral “E” I made for a friend’s baby shower, and nursery.

IMG_8867.JPG

Today, I’m happy to share a quick tutorial with you for a tassel banner.


First, choose 3-5 coordinating fabrics, as well as a string, or ribbon to attach the tassels to.  I chose these to coordinate with her nursery (see her fabrics in last week's post):




IMG_8876.JPG


I got ¼ yard of the striped fabrics, and a ½ yard of the floral. I folded each piece in half and using the total width, figured out the thickness of each strip.


IMG_8878.JPG

Once I got all the strips cut, (this process showed me that I NEED new scissors. I have three pairs in the house and none of them were properly sharp….hand. cramp.) I decided to wash them. Maybe it’s because my scissors weren’t that sharp, but I decided to work with the rough edges and after washing, they were more uniformly frayed. If that makes sense.

IMG_8881.JPG


IMG_9206.JPG


I tied my pom pom ribbon between two chairs and began planning out the tassels by simply draping them over the ribbon. I didn’t really do this in any particular pattern, I mostly just avoided putting two identical strips next to each other.


To attach the strips:


IMG_9205.JPG



Once you get the “tails” through, your knot may need some adjusting to best show the print.

IMG_9212.JPG


Next, I sat myself down and a few at a time, attached the strips to my ribbon.

IMG_9214.JPG




That’s it! You could totally do this for a fall banner (buffalo check and orange), Christmas (red plaids, greens), a banner for a birthday party, for above a bed….This is so inexpensive, versatile and easy!


Let me know if you make one, I’de love to see it!

Thanks for reading! XO, Steph

1 comment:

  1. Both of these are so sweet! I love that they can be used in her nursery after the shower. Such thoughtful and lovely decor.

    ReplyDelete